- Digital marketing is an important area of e-commerce. As it continues to grow, more companies are hiring digital marketers and making this one of the top fields for new jobs.
- If you want to be a part of the digital revolution, then digital marketing may be the field for you. It’s still new enough that it’s not oversaturated for talent, and with the increase in demand for e-commerce, there will continue to be opportunities as more companies join the market.
- Examples of digital marketing jobs are product managers and online marketers. Product managers need to have strong technical skills as they work on translating customer needs into business requirements and overseeing product development. Online marketers need a combination of skills including content creation, search engine optimization (SEO), data analysis, and design to engage customers in dialogue with their company through social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter or business-to-business platforms like LinkedIn or WeChat. They must also manage online advertising campaigns and initiatives on multiple platforms such as Google or Baidu Adwords, YouTube or Youku ads, and Facebook ads through paid promotions while tracking performance metrics such as clicks and impressions as well as sales results from these initiatives.
Business development is a broad field and can encompass many different job functions, such as sales, marketing, or strategy. But at the most basic level, business development professionals are responsible for increasing a company’s revenue. Much like an architect would draft plans for constructing a building, these professionals help translate their company’s growth strategy into actionable tactics.
You’ve probably read a lot about this job of the future, but have you ever wondered what exactly a data scientist does? This field is all about crunching numbers and using them to improve business processes and services. As more and more companies realize that big data can help them improve their businesses, there is an increased demand for skilled employees who can work with the data. To be successful in this role you will need problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and experience working with machine learning.
As it is such an in-demand position, data scientists earn a pretty penny: the average monthly salary of one in Hong Kong is HK$39,000 according to Neuvoo. Many employers also offer extra benefits including health insurance or even free food!
Analytics is the discovery and communication of meaningful patterns in data. People who work in analytics use data to answer questions and find solutions to problems.
Why is it growing? There’s an increasing amount of data being generated by companies, as well as an increased demand for this information to be used to improve businesses. Uses include monitoring how customers interact with products and services (to inform marketing efforts), analyzing financial performance (to make strategic decisions), or improving online security (to keep hackers out).
While analytics is a field that’s been around for a while, it has grown rapidly over the past decade due to technological advances that have made accessing these vast amounts of data easier and more efficient. This trend will continue as more companies invest in big data.
Cloud solutions are increasingly in demand as local companies (and the world at large) move towards a cloud-based infrastructure. As one of the fastest-growing career paths in the IT industry, it’s no surprise that this is an area where you can get a good job and make some money!
To become an expert in cloud solutions, you’ll need to develop both hard and soft skills. On the technical side, you will need to be skilled in networking, distributed systems, serverless computing, and security. Soft skills such as customer service are also important as delivering cloud services requires dealing with customers directly using your operational and communication expertise.
DevOps roles require skills such as Linux, Python, and Java. If you’re curious about becoming a DevOps engineer in Hong Kong, here are some things to consider:
What’s it like to study at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology?
- What is DevOps?
- According to the State of DevOps Report, DevOps is a continuous learning culture focused on improving outcomes through experimentation, feedback, and collaboration. In this system, everyone’s work is centered on the final product. This means that all team members – including developers and operations professionals – work together to deliver and deploy software faster than ever before for customers.
- The function of the DevOps engineer
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for building new features in our core platform products as well as deploying them onto production environments using our CI/CD pipelines. Your primary role will include the development of new microservices which empower our enterprise clients around the world with advanced solutions for their IT infrastructure management capabilities. You will also be working closely with other cross-functional teams like QA Engineers, Product Managers, and Customer Service teams to communicate frequent updates about your ongoing projects through agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- What skills are needed
- The most important skill required for a DevOps Engineer is the ability to think outside the box when it comes to solving problems faced by customers while deploying their software onto production environments. You should also have good knowledge of Linux administration with hands-on experience managing large-scale systems deployed on AWS cloud environment using tools like Terraform or Cloud formation templates written in YAML language syntaxes respectively. To automate infrastructure deployment tasks efficiently at scale, all candidates applying for this position must have experience working with scripting languages like Python or Bash Shell Scripting, etc., for end-to-end automation purposes throughout the application life cycle management process (ALM). Experience working within the Kubernetes ecosystem would be advantageous since most of our client applications are built on top of Microservice
Fintech is an area of finance that uses technology to make complex tasks easier for banks. For example, one problem with traditional money transfers is that the records are kept by two separate parties, so it’s easy for paperwork to get lost and mistakes to happen. Fintech offers a solution: Blockchain technology allows the process to be completed by one party only, giving you better security and making sure all payments are received.
Hong Kong has become a significant player in fintech because it has many talented people who can help develop new ways to use this technology—and this is creating some great job opportunities for those with the right skills.
If you’re looking for a fintech career, here’s what you need:
- What is cyber security?
- What is the job like?
- What qualifications are needed?
- Where can I find out more about cyber security?
AI and machine learning
AI and machine learning are some of the hottest areas of technology right now. There are many different types of jobs in this field, including software engineers, data scientists, and research scientists, so there is plenty to choose from. AI is set to be a core part of Hong Kong’s plan to become a smart city over the next few years, so expect demand for these roles to only increase further.
There are lots of good jobs in Hong Kong.
If you’re looking for a job, you should know that there are lots of good jobs in Hong Kong. [Career site and company] recently released their list of the most in-demand jobs in Hong Kong that companies and recruiters need to fill by now. In fact, as of February 2018, [company name] has 4,762 such listed positions—it’s almost a five-times increase compared to the beginning of 2016!
Based on the report’s findings, here are the top 10 jobs that companies and recruiters urgently need to fill today:
- Business development (BD)
- Data science/analytics
- Cloud solutions consulting and engineering – DevOps
- Cyber security consulting and engineering
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning/ FusionEX HK Limited